The variety of graduate study options
This group of articles examines the range of study options available to grad students. Topics covered include part-time and full-time studies as well as the differences between masters and doctoral studies.
Balancing work and school
- "Going to grad school part-time"
Details the many advantages of part-time graduate study, as well as a few drawbacks
- "Going to grad school full-time (while working part-time, if at all)"
Discusses the pros and cons of studying full-time, and contrasts it with part-time study
Degree? Joint-degree? Certificate?
- "What's the difference between a masters and a doctoral degree?"
Compares and contrasts these two types of graduate degrees for those on the fence
- "Joint-degree programs: An overview"
Covers the advantages, challenges, and mechanics of pursuing two degrees at once
- "Certification as an alternative to, or part of, a graduate degree"
Shows the benefits of certification, whether on its own or as part of a graduate program
Related content elsewhere in this resource center
- Alternatives to grad school
Our set of articles exploring alternatives to graduate study
- "Are you ready for the lifestyle changes?"
Gives an overview of the impact that grad school can have on your current lifestyle
- "Are you financially ready for grad school?"
Gives a big picture view of the financial considerations facing potential grad students