Internship posted by: Leading Ladies of Legacy, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2012
WHO OUR INTERNS ARE
At their core, our INTERNS are people who have aligned intentions inside of our mission and vision statements. They are people who have extraordinary commitment to making a difference in the fulfillment and satisfaction of the girls and young women we serve. Interns are inspired people who are willing to take on creating the results we are committed to producing, inside the commitment we have for our business to be an expression of what it is to lead, educate, display character, and serve the community.
DUTIES FOR MARKETING INTERN
To assist the marketing team to maximize awareness and income from Leading Ladies of Legacy members and supporters.
Communications & PR
1. To update and maintain the Leading Ladies of Legacy website and Leading Ladies of Legacy presence on external sites, including social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook).
2. To maintain the Leading Ladies of Legacy photo library and statistics database.
3. To assist with development of fundraising and communications materials.
4. To assist with creation and distribution of newsletters and promotional items.
Events & Research
5. To assist with Leading Ladies of Legacy events and appeals.
6. To give support to third party industry events, which may include attendance as a Leading Ladies of Legacy representative.
7. To support the Marketing & Events Executive with recruitment for Leading Ladies of Legacy.
8. To undertake specific research projects occasionally to help bring new supporters on board e.g. celebrities, corporates.
Administration/ Internal Comms
9. To help to accurately maintain Leading Ladies of Legacyʼs database of members and supporters.
10.To uphold data protection regulations and work to the Institute of Fundraising codes of practice
11.To assist with the tracking of income and issuing of thank you letters and receipts to effectively manage donors.
12.To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Our commitment is that all interns generate satisfaction and fulfillment during their tenure with our company, and such as, we are committed that interns have clear pathways for being in action and producing the results for which they are accountable in areas that inspire them, as well as in increasing their personal productivity, expanding their integrity, and developing themselves as more powerful, able, compassionate, and contributing human beings. As such, each and every Intern will work with their supervisor to create a training and development program that is well thought-out, fully –planned, well organized, and reliably implemented.
⇒ Good written and spoken communication skills
⇒ A passion for working with girls and young women
⇒ Good administrative and computer skills
⇒ Attention to detail
⇒ Enthusiasm, dedication and a willingness to have fun!
⇒ Good team working skills
⇒ Commitment to equal opportunities
⇒ Previous marketing, fundraising or events experience (desired)
⇒ Experience of web updating using a content management system (desired)
⇒ Interest in youth development
We ask for a minimum commitment of six months for 4-5 days per week. From past internships we have found that a six month commitment is the minimum period of time to ensure that the post is beneficial to both the intern and Leading Ladies of Legacy.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com