Internship posted by: Lew Edwards Group
Posted on: February 19, 2013
Bay Area Political Consulting Firm—Accepting applications for Internship for an immediate position (Feb/March-until May/June - or later)
The Lew Edwards Group is a full-service political consulting and communications firm with offices in Oakland's Rockridge District. Whether serving a public agency, elected official, or private sector client, The Lew Edwards Group team believes in the power of methodically building significant, broad-based public support at the most effective method of furthering clients' long term goals.
Each semester/summer The Lew Edwards Group selects up to three students to gain experience as unpaid interns. Interns should have an interest in learning about and participating in the political process and public agency communications. Each intern will service client accounts under the direct supervision of Lew Edwards Group staff.
Assignments may include:
• Research—including research on public agencies, candidates, elected officials, election results, campaign finance issues, etc. via public databases, news clippings, public records, blogs, etc.
• Writing—Assisting associates with drafting press releases, community letters, and other important communication items
• Event Staffing—managing volunteers attending a public meeting, aiding speaker management among supporters at a public meeting, etc.
• Perform general office/admin work
• Data management & entry
• Attend candidate/client events in the field
• Assist in direct-mail production as needed
• Extreme flexibility and fluidity
• Ability to step up and fill in gaps where and when needed
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
• Proven leadership skills
• Ability to stay late, if needed
• Car preferred
Hours are negotiable, ranging from a minimum of twelve up to full-time hours every week. Permanent weekly work schedules are established at the beginning of the internship.
We are particularly interested in interns who can work Monday afternoon, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Invaluable experience in the public interest arena, letters of recommendation, exposure to the political process, and job leads are all important benefits to a Lew Edwards Group internship.
To apply, please email your 1-page resume and a short cover note to: Mircalla Wozniak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your weekday daytime hours of availability and whether you have a car (preferred, but not required). Please put "Internship: First Name Last Name" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.