Internship posted by: International Rescue Committee - Atlanta Volunteer Office
Posted on: January 9, 2013
The Resettlement Shop is a thrift store environment providing newly arrived IRC clients with needed items such as clothing, household goods, small appliances, school supplies, toiletries and more free of charge. It is part of the resource development's in-kind contributions program.
The donations intern must be available 9:30am-12:00pm Tuesday through Thursday.
• Assist refugee clients to get needed items
• Process outgoing donations for clients and maintain receipts and database records
• Organize resettlement shop and incorporate new in-kind donations into shop inventory
• Receive and sort in-kind donations from businesses and community donors
• Assist in corresponding with in-kind donors
• Respect client needs and conduct all interactions according to IRC code of ethics
• Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite and Access database
• Ability to work independently
• Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment; international experience a plus
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.
To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta