Internship posted by: Fresh Air Fund
Posted on: March 7, 2013
The Fresh Air Fund, an independent not-for-profit agency based in NYC, is seeking a talented and passionate creative intern to assist with design projects and day-to-day workflow. This Spring and early Summer internship will be focused on helping The Fresh Air Fund recruit more volunteer host families so that as many New York City children as possible can experience summer in the country. Daily tasks may include creating event invitations (both for email and print), localizing flyers and other marketing materials with new photos or contact details, or helping to tidy up layouts provided by other employees. Some days may include photo cataloging and sourcing, answering phones, and assisting other PR interns with department tasks. The Graphic Design Intern will report to the Public Relations Manager and Director. To learn more about The Fresh Air Fund, visit www.freshair.org.
- A passion for design, and a drive to learn.
- Excellent time management and communication skills with a collaborative work ethic.
- Working knowledge of print and digital design, and at least basic knowledge of creating graphics for emails and websites.
- Solid skills in InDesign and Photoshop. (Illustrator and/or Final Cut Pro skills a plus.)
- Must be willing to commit through to early Summer.
- Must have own MAC Laptop with Adobe Creative Suite to bring.
This is a part-time, paid internship, or arrangements can be made for school credit. Compensation: $12/hour.
To apply, please send a short letter, your resume and a link to your portfolio to Hannah Beck, Public Relations Manager,email@example.com.