Internship posted by: International Institute of New England
Posted on: February 25, 2013
IINE is currently offering internships through its Development Office to students with demonstrated interest or experience in serving refugee, asylee and immigrant populations. Responsibilities include conducting extensive research for proposal submissions and other development‐related projects, assisting with grant writing, maintaining awards database and providing administrative support to development staff.
• Flexible schedule preferred; preferably 4 days a week (Monday through Friday).
• Interns are required to work at least 20 hours per week; preferably full-time.
• Research grant‐giving foundations to support program expansion efforts and ensure sustainability.
• Research potential individual donors and review publications for potential leads.
• Draft grants.
• Catalogue all research finding and construct outreach packets to reach potential donors.
• Provide grant assistance by assembling packets, mailing proposals and assisting in evaluation analysis.
• Working to fulfill foundation requirements including distribution and other grant goals.
• Assist with data analysis for development reporting.
• Provide general administrative assistance.
• Assist in organizing events, meetings, conferences and fundraising appeals.
• Strong writing and research skills.
• Social media experience.
• Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment and process unexpected duties and deadlines.3
• High‐levels of professionalism, discretion and maturity in dealing with confidential information.
• Writing sample required.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, résumé, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in your application which internship you are applying for and at which location.