Internship posted by: Earth Island Institute
Posted on: January 24, 2013
About Streets Alive! Streets Alive!, an initiative of Earth Island Institute, works to promote community engagement and reclamation and improvement of public space in Berkeley. Some of our current programming includes working with local artists to install sustainability themed artwork on utility boxes in Berkeley and Oakland, beautifying the urban landscape by planting native and drought-tolerant plants, and working to fund mural projects in the East Bay. http://earthisland.org/streetsalive/
We are looking for interns to work directly with the Streets Alive! Project Director and the Streets Alive! Project Associate at the Earth Island Institute. Interns will gain valuable experience in project support by assisting in a variety of exciting and diverse tasks (see below).
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about community development and engagement, the environment, and sustainability.
- Organized, Detail oriented, Efficient
- Able to work in a team setting or independently
- Creative and proactive
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a willingness to learn new skills (including introduction to grant writing)
- Experience in community organizing highly desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Mac Pages, Keynote and Google Applications highly desirable
Tasks will include:
- Community outreach
- Event production
- Creative projects
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Blogging, social networking, website updates
- Organizing art submissions
- Networking with artists
- Graphic design
- Data entry
- Writing (intro grant writing, blog & newsletter articles)
- Conducting interviews
- Working with community stakeholders and local government
- Assisting other Earth Island Institute Network Services departments as needed
- Daily interaction with Earth Island Institute staff and volunteers
- unpaid (however, this is a great place to work and you will learn a lot! College credit may be available)
- for those looking to build their resume and are passionate about the environment, community building, art and sustainability.
- 10-15 hours a week with a 2 month commitment (more hours a week, and longer commitment are welcome!)
Location: Earth Island Institute David Brower Center 2150 Allston Way, Suite 460 Berkeley, CA 94619
Earth Island Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Unfortunately, due to the volume of inquires we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant.