Internship posted by: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Posted on: December 7, 2012
The American Red Cross International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years the American Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The Business Operations Unit within the International Services Department is looking for a spring intern (paid) to work with our team for 20 hours a week, for 10-12 weeks, starting in January 2013. The Business Operations Unit supports International Programs in the areas of contracts, agreements, compliance, procurement and administration. The intern will provide administrative and logistical support to the Business Operations Team, and other units as needed. The intern will support the administration of projects, programs, and/or processes applicable to the Business Operations Unit.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:• Data entry into custom database programs
• Preparation of memos, reports or correspondence for staff signature
• Assisting in the development of presentations
• Coordinating the provision of organizational services, such as purchasing supplies, maintaining adequate stock levels in departmental supply cabinets, catering, copying and printing
• Coordinating unit mailings and communication flow
• Assisting in expenditure tracking and analysis of reports and information
• Relieving other administrative staff in the unit during temporary absences
• High school plus college level coursework
• Strong verbal, writing and editing skills
• Proven interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook programs
• Typing and data entry skills required
• Flexibility and a high degree of attention to detail is required
• Must be highly organized and able to work independently
• Experience with databases will be helpful
• Relevant coursework might include: Business Administration; Business Management; International Development
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https:www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com
PLEASE USE REQUSTION #: NHQ29146