Internship posted by: Layalina Productions, Inc.
Posted on: December 10, 2012
Layalina Productions Inc. produces informative, entertaining primetime television programs on leading television channels seen in the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia, and the United States. Its shows forthrightly address the most controversial issues affecting U.S. relations with the Islamic world and have reached tens of millions of viewers worldwide to great acclaim. Layalina is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that was launched in 2002 and is based in Washington, DC. Layalina recruits top talent from the U.S. and abroad. Its Academy and Emmy award-winning writers, producers, and directors work alongside Arab, American, and South Asian television broadcasters to ensure that its shows are topically substantive, culturally appropriate, and widely popular.
Layalina is seeking interns to receive training and hands-on experience in media research and television production development. Interns will leave with a strong understanding of non-profit management, international media, television production, and public diplomacy efforts in the Muslim world. Interns who distinguish themselves in their duties will have the opportunity to interact with major media players, work in conjunction with Layalina's senior leadership, and receive production credit for their efforts.
- Assist in the development of upcoming television projects
- Help conduct necessary background research as required for ongoing projects
- Manage Layalina's social media presence
- Represent Layalina at public diplomacy events in Washington D.C.
- Assist with donor management and occasional data entry
- Assist with various administrative duties as needed
- B.A./B.S. degree in Political Science, Middle East Studies or the like, with a keen interest in non-profit work and international media.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization.
- Demonstrated interest in the Middle East, public diplomacy, Arabic, and/or international media a must
Three month minimum commitment, exceptional undergraduates pursuing relevant degrees will also be considered.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample (3 pages or less), and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org