Internship posted by: Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
Posted on: August 23, 2013
Fall Program Interns (Rockville/Gaithersburg) Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) is currently recruiting three Program Interns. Two Program Interns will be based in our main office in Rockville and one Program Intern will be at the Seneca Heights Apartments in Gaithersburg. These are volunteer positions which support the overall function of the program department with particular emphasis on data collection and outcomes for emergency and permanent housing programs. All Programs Interns will be able to learn how to implement grants from multiple funding sources while supporting the daily program operations of the team at MCCH. The Seneca Heights Program Intern will also have an emphasis on employment services.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours per week between the hours of Monday through Friday: 9am-5pm. The Seneca Heights Program Intern will need to have access to a car.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support program staff during the 100,000 Homes Campaign, including preparation of materials and assisting in the execution of Registry Week
• Analyze program data from sources such as HMIS
• Maintain contract files and paperwork
• Help research best practices and design new program models for housing and employment services
• Support Program Directors and Case Managers in effectively delivering the highest quality services
• Answers phones and greets visitors
• Other related office duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Currently enrolled in an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree program
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Must be detailed-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
• Ability to effectively manage multiple details simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Committed to ending homelessness in Montgomery County
• The Seneca Heights Program Intern will need to have access to a car
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter and type "MCCH Fall Intern" in subject line.