Internship posted by: Coalition for the International Criminal Court
Posted on: December 3, 2012
About the CICC
The Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC) includes 2,500 civil society organizations in 150 different countries working in partnership to strengthen international cooperation with the ICC; ensure that the Court is fair, effective and independent; make justice both visible and universal; and advance stronger national laws that deliver justice to victims of war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide.
The intern will assist the CICC's development department in its activities. The intern will report to the Development Officer. The internship can be full-time or part-time (minimum 3 days per week) for a period of at least 3-4 months. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
Assisting the Development team in their efforts to build and maintain support from foundations, governments, and individual donors by:
• Researching individual and foundation prospects and creating profiles
• Identifying and researching potential individual donors to the CICC
• Drafting invitations, thank you letters, and other donor cultivation materials
• Editing proposals and grant reports to be sent to foundation donors
• Assisting with the planning and organizing of donor cultivation opportunities
• Attending events and meetings and taking notes where required
• Filing and other administrative duties
• Other tasks as required to assist with the overall strategy of the development team.
• Advanced undergraduate or graduate degree or student working towards a degree in a relevant field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent internet research skills
• Self starter, with ability to work independently and with a team within the constraints of tight deadlines
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Enthusiasm and passion for international justice/human rights issues Desirable but not required
• Grant/proposal writing experience
• Familiarity with Development/Fundraising software (especially Raiser's Edge)
• Previous experience in a nonprofit environment
• Knowledge of the ICC and CICC mission
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample on a related topic. Please include the name of the internship in the subject of the email and in the cover letter. Be sure to indicate your approximate start date as well.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis, at selected candidate can begin at their earliest availability
Applications can be emailed, faxed or mailed to:
Attn: Internship Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Coalition for the ICC 708 Third Avenue, 24th Floor New York, NY 10017 USA