Internship posted by: Zidisha, Inc.
Posted on: January 5, 2013
Zidisha Microfinance launched in 2009 as the world's first true person-to-person microlending platform, based on direct communication and transactions between lenders worldwide and borrowers in developing countries. We have an opening for a highly personable, French-speaking Francophone Country Liaison intern to use his/her talents and skills to support and develop our community of borrowers in Senegal and/or other West African countries.
This is a part-time or full-time "virtual volunteering" position that may be undertaken from any location in the world. Candidates are expected to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week to the position, on a flexible schedule which includes consistent availability of at least one hour per day on weekdays to review new loan applications and respond to francophone client emails.
Successful candidates will have a strong previous track record of paid or unpaid work for mission-driven organizations, a passion for advancing opportunities for entrepreneurs in the world's most marginalized communities, proficiency in written and spoken French, a high degree of responsibility and organization, and ability to independently manage ongoing daily communications responsibilities without an in-person supervisor.
Zidisha is a small and innovative start-up nonprofit organization. As such, the incumbent will have a good deal of freedom to propose and execute their own ideas and initiatives. Successful performance will have a major impact on the volume of loans financed and the quality of our francophone clients' experience with Zidisha, and interns will be directly involved in facilitating life-changing microcredit opportunities for some of the world's most disadvantaged entrepreneurs.
The Francophone Country Liaison Intern is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring that Zidisha's borrowers in francophone West Africa are always provided with timely, friendly and professional customer service.
As first line of contact with our clients, Country Liaison Interns, more than anyone else, determine the quality of our clients' borrowing experience and the resulting quality of their relationship with Zidisha.
1. Ensure that Zidisha's francophone applicants and clients have access to quick, pleasant and professional assistance and support at any time.
2. Ensure that new applicants' profiles are reviewed thoroughly and timely.
3. Ensure that Zidisha website is kept current with accurate loan disbursement and repayment information.
4. Ensure that clients in your country have their funded loans disbursed promptly.
5. Provide understanding, effective support to any members who experience difficulties in making on-time loan repayments.
6. Develop familiarity and a friendly, professional rapport with the clients in your assigned country or countries.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Julia Kurnia at firstname.lastname@example.org.