Internship posted by: African Immigrant and Refugee Foundation
Posted on: January 31, 2013
The African Immigrant and Refugee Foundation seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for community based nonprofit organization.
• Update and maintain AIRF's social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by AIRF
• Update the AIRF website when needed
• Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the African Immigrant and Refugee Foundation and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org