Internship posted by: ngojobsonline.com
Posted on: January 24, 2013
The applicant will be responsible for:
- Coordinating programme planning, implementation and support in all project locations
- Planning and conducting training workshops with a focus on HIV prevention and football training
- Work closely with Life Skills Trainers who work in the field
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. The applicant should have a football background, either as a player or coach and be passionate about youth development.
The applicant should:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline OR currently be enrolled in college/university studying a relevant subject
- Have a good understanding of English, both written and spoken
- Be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ideally be passionate about football, and have some experience in football coaching
This position is a non paid, non salaried position.
One of the main benefits to you is the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young South Africans infected and affected by HIV & AIDS. It will give you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in South African culture and you will have the chance to work alongside people from around the world. It is an exciting, dynamic role and an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in fundraising within a well respected and successful charity, in particular this position will also provide a great range of experiences for someone wishing to pursue a career in overseas development.
This is the role for you if you want to a chance to put your skills to the test with a job that offers up fresh challenges every day. There are many opportunities to learn within a great team and in your free time you get the chance to explore the breath taking surroundings.
To apply, please send CV and Cover Letter. Qualified applicants will then be contacted for further information.