Internship posted by: FYSE
Posted on: February 25, 2013
We are looking for self-starters who are passionate about sharing our mission to inspire, educate and empower people (especially women and youth) to tackle the world's most pressing social and environmental issues.
FYSE delivers its mission through by inspiring more people to consider social impact careers; empower social entrepreneurs to achieve their utmost impact; and the spread of ideas on effective models for change.
We are outstanding individual to join our team to research and write original and high-quality daily articles about social innovation and entrepreneurship and most importantly, the people in the field.
Key terms: Social Entrepreneurship – Media – Media2.0 – Journalism – Storytelling
Starting Date: ASAP
Languages: Excellent English required, Excellent Chinese preferred.
Duration: Both full-time and part-time (minimum 3 days/week) are considered.
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Location: Work from our office in central Beijing
The role of the communications internship is to support FYSE's mission by amplification the key ideas, social entrepreneurs and issues behind our work. The ideal candidate is a digital-savvy newshound who knows a thing or two about social entrepreneurship, who has a strong interest in letting more people know how to make the world a better place and who sees his/her career in the media/ journalism field.
• Edit and write content, for example interviews with social entrepreneurs, case studies about innovative social ventures etc.
• Identify and explore new ways of distributing media content through partnerships etc.
• Work closely with other team members to strategically architect new ways to inspire more people to become social entrepreneurs and to share your content with an ever-growing audience;
• Research and write articles and topics as needed for program delivery.
We are not looking for super(wo)men but some of the key points we are looking for in our new team member are the following:
• Able to work individually with little supervision with ability to prioritize and handle several assignements at one time
• Very organized and efficient, with critical attention to detail
• Dependable, flexible, and ability to work independently under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Comfortable working in a small, fast-paced environment
• A good sense of humor won't hurt either
• Educational background and/or experience in writing/ journalism
• A grasp of the social entrepreneurship including key organizations, concepts and ventures
• Passion to produce high quality and engaging articles; passionate about promoting ideas, people and social ventures through storytelling
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Excellent writing, communication and organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; ideally also Chinese
• Build your experience for your future career, with us you won't need to solely copy papers or cook coffee, you will manage your own projects and take responsibility
• Develop valuable professional skills including project management and communications
• Be part of a highly-motivated mission-driven organization
• See your ideas and contributions implemented
• Build a broad international business professional network
• customized Cover letter including why you are the right person, why you want to join us and what you expect
• 2 writing samples
to email@example.com We only consider applications with a cover letter tailored to our company and this position.
Recruitment decisions will be made on a rolling basis until roles are filled. Due to the high number of applications only selected candidates will be contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone or in-person interview.