Internship posted by: International Rescue Committee - Atlanta Volunteer Office
Posted on: January 9, 2013
Resettlement Services offers support, guidance and counseling for clients though all stages of resettlement. Resettlement Services interns work directly with IRC case managers to help newly arrived refugees transition to life in the U.S.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
• Conduct MARTA orientation (to IRC, health clinic, job, shopping centers)
• Assist in activation of EBT cards for food stamps
• Assist with applications for the Department of Children and Family Services, GA ID cards, and Social Security; assist in addressing public assistance issues
• Assist clients with doctor's appointments and researching appropriate medical providers for refugees and/or low-income families
• Assisting staff and clients with grocery shopping
• Research resources and service providers in the Atlanta area
• Assist in file maintenance and documentation
• Provide general administrative support
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Organized with attention to detail
• Able to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
• An interest in international and refugee issues
• Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting
• Computer literacy, preferably with PC systems
• A car/driver's license is beneficial
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.
To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta