Internship posted by: Helen Day Art Center
Posted on: February 27, 2013
Helen Day Art Center is a non-profit, member-supported community art center located in Stowe, Vermont. Helen Day Art Center offers a full schedule of both youth and adult art classes.
We would like to offer an opportunity to a student to work as an intern in conjunction with this year's education programs. This would offer a student the opportunity to experience working in a community art center with a team of experienced teachers and administrators.
Depending on the experience of the intern, responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the education director in preparing materials for school tours in conjunction with the current exhibits.
- Assisting in organizing materials and classroom space.
- Assisting with classes as needed by preparing materials and working with the instructor.
- Helping establish and maintain records of students participating in classes.
- Documenting the classes and taking photographs of the students and work in progress.
- Assisting in communicating with the artists/teachers and putting together a book of information and biographies for Helen Day's education archives.
- Assisting with promotional materials for classes from distributing posters/flyers, etc to preparing mailed items and packages to teachers.
The intern will be invited to attend meetings with the staff of HDAC and the Education Committee as they meet on a regular basis throughout the fall and spring.
Scheduling of intern's hours will occur at the mutual convenience of the Intern and the Education Coordinator in response to the requirement of the job.
This internship is unpaid
Student can receive course credit upon approval from their institution.
Internship hours count toward Helen Day Art Center classes. **
Please email resume and references to education[at]helenday.com
Or mail to:
Helen Day Art Center
PO Box 411, Stowe, VT 05672 **