Internship posted by: Hope For the Needy Programme
Posted on: December 16, 2012
1. Education &sport: This can be done in schools, both primary and secondary and also with the sports clubs. For example teaching of various subjects, library management for the school. Considering a number of sports activities like football, netball, volleyball and athletics for the under 15 yrs and also for the mature ones (above 15yrs). They can have training, play and impart skills to the children.
2. Social work: This involves working in our community and sensitizing them about; domestic violence, HIV & AIDS, care for orphans, learning the culture, etc.
3. Health sector: The internship students can work at the health centers on areas of; learn tropical diseases, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, counseling & guidance, hospitality (welcoming and handling patients) and ensure hygiene at health centers.
4. Information Technology and Media: Under this they can have hands on training in the fields of software development, website design & deployment, hardware maintenance and computer applications, and mass media. We consider internship at a number of radios, and ICT centers.
5. Banking and Finance sector: This can be done at the financial institutions such as banks (e.g Equity Bank, crane bank, centenary, and stanbic bank). There are a number of departments such as accounting, customer care etc.
6. Tourism and agriculture: This includes visiting national parks to see wild life and nature (scenery, flora & fauna), village walks to cultural sites such as caves, museum.
Livestock &farming, fishing, and piggery
For smooth internship, the interns will stay at a common area. This calls for renting a fully furnished house within town. This will enable them carry out private activities such as cooking etc.
Functie: Founder en CEO Hope for The Needy Programma