Internship posted by: Earth Island Institute
Posted on: December 19, 2012
Earth Island Journal, www.earthislandjournal.org, an award-winning quarterly environmental magazine, is looking for an intern who will work with us on our print publication as well as the Journal's web component from January through March. This is an unpaid position that offers the opportunity to build knowledge and reporting/writing experience for those interested in the environment and the future of our planet. (We do provide a monthly transportation stipend of $60.)
Ideal candidate will provide the following services:
• Write blogs on current environmental and sustainable development issues
• Fact-check reports from contributors
• Help editors with research (mostly web-based)
• Help promote the Journal at events
Ideal candidate would be
• Comfortable with writing and detail oriented
• Have a strong interest in environmental and sustainable development issues.
• Familiar with Word, Excel, e-mail and Web programs.
• Able to work fast and think creatively while under deadline
Interns should commit 15-20 hours a week. Internships will last 3 months, but can be extended.
How to apply:
To apply please send resume, brief cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7.