Internship posted by: Discover Roxbury
Posted on: January 12, 2013
Discover Roxbury publicizes current and upcoming tours, educational programs, and special events through outreach to local and regional media. The Marketing Intern will learn to function in the non-stop arena of marketing and communications by performing various duties which are vital to Discover Roxbury'spublic relations. The intern will report to the Media Manager and is encouraged to develop and design creative projects (e.g. short videos and marketing materials) and attend trade shows.
• Updating online calendars,
• Assisting with writing press releases,
• Researching and sending mailings to media outlets,
• Updating the media database,
• Adding to and organizing the image library on Flickr,
• Creating short videos for Discover Roxbury's YouTube channel,
• Communicating with the public via Facebook and Twitter,
• Designing marketing materials.
• Public Relations/Communications majors preferred
• Positive attitude
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and independently
• Ability to use Gmail (including Google Drive and Calendar), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
• Knowledge of PowerPoint, InDesign, and Photoshop preferred
• Familiarity and/or interest in biking and walking around Roxbury
• Familiarity and experience with Roxbury's diverse neighborhoods and communities
• Commitment to building a sustainable and more livable Roxbury
To apply for an internship, please submit a single Word or pdf document, containing:
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. They may be addressed to Derek Lumpkins, Executive Director. Please only apply for one internship.
Unless stated otherwise, all internships are unpaid and do not include housing. Students who will receive course credit at the end of the internship are strongly encouraged to apply.