Internship posted by: Otra Cosa Network
Posted on: February 8, 2013
In August, 2011 the local government opened Huanchaquito Health Office, similar to "COPC" (Clinic for Outpatient Care), in order to look after the health of the population in Huanchaquito, as people used to have to walk long way to Clas Huanchaco for medical/ health services.
Although the Huanchaquito Health Office only provide basic medical services to around 300 people, its very tight budget allows them to afford just only 4 part-time employees, which makes it so hard for them to achieve their objective to serve the local population properly.
The mission of Huanchaquito Health Office is to promote, protect and guarantee good health level and life quality of local population through a great and warm service. They work according to human values, respect and trust. Serving local people's basic needs related to health, and getting community participation to reduce the statistics and death rates are good examples of their major tasks.
With volunteers, Huanchaquito Health Office hopes to reach out to larger population and keep more contact with community trough family visit, outreach, and public campaigns. They also can help promote good, warm, effective, efficient and fair services provided by Huanchaquito Health Office.
Roles/ Working Hour
- Spanish Level to start the project: advanced
- Time commitment: Min 2 month
- Minimum Age: 22 years old
- Medical students: must be in their final year of education, recommendation letter from the university (and then its translation in Spanish. it doesn't have to be officially translated)
- Certified doctors/ nurses: copy of the certificate
- CV and Motivation letter in Spanish