Internship posted by: Casa-Nica
Posted on: June 26, 2014
Casa-Nica has recently started working with an organization based in Granada called SportsDonations ForImpact or SD4I. This young organization is trying to offer the youth of Granada a productive outlet for their energies via sport. They are trying to involve the youth of Granada in the four main sports in Nicaragua; baseball, soccer, boxing and basketball, by providing places to practice and eventually leagues and training sessions.
Their website is here:www.sd4i.org
SD4I is opening a US State Department funded boxing gym in Granada in December 2013 wich will provide free boxing and fitness classes to any young people in Granada that want to take part.
Further into 2014 SD4I wants to promote the accessibility and organize legues in baseball, soccer and basketball.
SportsDonations ForImpact is currently run on a day to day basis by one guy so any assisstance in the following areas would be very welcome to get his project flourishing:
- Grant/Proposal Writing
- Seeking alternative funding from Public/Private Sectors for additional sports programs/events/clinics
- Updating Social Media platforms, posting videos/photos, keeping current with the participants of the program/events
- Initiating fundraising with local businesses/organizations to create pot. sports clinics, events, donations or leagues.
- Meeting with companies/organizations in Nicaragua in order to connect with potential donors for exhibitions and leagues
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Connecting with media sources, such as; newspapers/radio stations/news stations in order to have stories published that promote SD4I activities
- Organizing "marketing campaign" in country, such as design and position through the community banners, posters, brochures, etc.
- Maintaining and updating Website information
- Setting up sporting events/clinics/leagues
- Managing the storage of all equipment
- Managing the sports equipment rental with participants
- Develop calender of "Planned Activities" in order to ensure a consistency of SD4I programs
- Co-ordinating leagues (orchestrating with coaches, refs, purchasing uniforms, scheduling games, practices, etc.)
- Meeting with schools to speak with students and raise participation of events
- Registering participants for different sports
- Iniaiting surveys with communities we are working in, and in other communities to asses where we could place potential Micro-Centers for our flagship Boxing Program
- Working with our translator on documents
- Assisting "marketing campaign" with print outs or banners, posters, brochures, sign-up forms, etc.
- Locating potential sports donors
- Locating organizations/communities that need sports equipment and connecting them to our donor
- Responsible for the logistics of transporting the donated sports material to the agreed upon recipient of said material
- Writing After-Action reports to assess impact made on community.
The intern on this project would stay in the Casa-Nica volunteer house in Masaya and travel to Granada most days during the week. The volunteer will receive all the benefits of staying with Casa-Nica.
Granada is around 20 minutes travel from Masaya.
spanish , Disability , community , Environment , Community development , live abroad , linux , education , nicaragua , olpc , Health and medicine , Sustainable Agriculture , open source , granada , travel , ngo , Job and workplace , Communications access , Health & Medical Services , health , Education & Cultural Exchange , masaya , Animals , Volunteering , Special Needs Education , language study , Spanish Language , Ngo Management , Youth , Technology , volunteer , orphanage , counselling , study abroad , special needs , Volunteer Abroad , intern , Community Development , English teaching , scouts , Education , Agriculture