Internship posted by: Global Fund for Education Assistance
Posted on: November 20, 2012
BEYOND Tomorrow Internship Opportunity
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Position: Program Intern
BEYOND Tomorrow seeks a part-time/full-time student intern to assist with all aspects of global leadership modules for students from Tohoku disaster communities. Working as a member of the program team, this is an excellent opportunity to gain firsthand experience in project management at a fast-growing non-profit organization recognized domestically and internationally. BEYOND Tomorrow Tohoku Initiative's mission is to develop young victims of the Great East Japan earthquake and tsunami to become leaders with global perspectives and a strong sense of compassion. Since its inception, BEYOND Tomorrow has developed a new frontier in global leadership education in Japan, creating an innovative model to transform the lives of youths in adversity with unique opportunities to grow as global citizens. For more information about BEYOND Tomorrow, please visit: http://beyond-tomorrow.org/en/
- Assisting with program applications and selection activities
- Responding to phone and e-mail inquiries about a series of leadership modules
- Assist to create badges, participant lists, name plates, and other program materials
- Maintain and update participation records in database as needed
- Organize files and materials on programs and speakers
- Assist Program staff at public events, including reception and registration, event A/V tasks, setup and breakdown
- Completing other logistical tasks as needed
- Translating materials from English to Japanese and from Japanese to English
- Assist drafting publicity materials (press releases, pitches, photo tips), and outreach to press.
- Maintain press archives and create press clips.
- Research publicity, promotion and advertisement opportunities.
- Distribution of promotional materials.
- Administrative duties including data entry, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Fluency in both written and oral Japanese and English. Superior writing and oral skills. Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in global leadership development
- Knowledge of word-processing; knowledge of Internet, e-mail and databases
- Superior organizational skills, including ability to keep track of many details at once
- Ability to work with a variety of people and different projects
- Flexibility in hours and ability to be self-starter
- A quick learner who is detail-oriented and very organized will succeed best in this role
- Experience of living overseas would be a strong plus
Time Frame: Internships are typically 2 to 6 months in duration (negotiable) year-round.
Days per week:
(During the academic semester) 3 or more days per week (minimum 15 hours per week). Days and hours are negotiable.
(During holidays) Full-time
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate "Program Intern" in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.