Internship posted by: Project Footsteps
Posted on: October 15, 2013
Project Footsteps is a non-profit organization that serves to inspire, empower and prepare young people to be agents of change and become social leaders within their schools, communities and organizations. Since 2008 we have provided youth driven program experiences both long-term and introductory level that have inspired thousands of students to become leaders in action.
A member of our Programs Operations staff is responsible for assisting in program needs, organizing and managing program preparations that support current programs.
Supervisor(s): Director of Business and Operations, Executive Director
Hours: Monday-Friday, 15-20 hours/week
Duties include, but are not limited to:
--Assist with curriculum development and implementation
--Assist with evaluation and measurement of program impact/success
--Manage inventory, organization, and maintenance of program devices, activities, and materials
--Organize and manage program binders
--Tracking #'s of youth reached & demographic information
--Organize and manage necessary program preparation logistics
--Facilitate programs if/when needed
--Manage & maintain program calendar & board
• Willingness to work a set schedule but remain flexible
• Well developed organization skills with a solid orientation to detail.
• A self-starter with a strong desire to learn. Strong commitment to young people and an understanding of factors affecting their lives
• The ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Patience, curiosity and flexibility; a sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things
• Formal communication skills for presentations and report writing