Internship posted by: Science of Life Studies 24/7
Posted on: December 14, 2012
A graphic design internship is a great way to build upon existing skills and use them in a real working environment. Interns will work closely with the communications and computing & ICT departments to produce designs that match the organizational context and specific requirements (somewhat vague – unclear what is meant). They will be able to develop their abilities and refine their design work to meet the needs of the projects.
The intern's responsibilities will include working with vectors, graphical images, animations, web design and layout, video editing, photography and other forms of multimedia. Interns will have the opportunity to prepare banners, logos and brochures for SOLS 24/7 events and general promotional purposes. They will also assist in the development of graphics and layout for SOLS 24/7 programs.
Design work that is undertaken and approved by supervisors will be used throughout SOLS 24/7 in our websites, our programs and in our promotional material. It will be seen by SOLS 24/7 partners and supporters internationally.
Raj Ridvan Singh, international director
Danutcha Catriona Singh, communication director
Length of the Internship
3 months (minimum) – 12 months
Start date depends on intern
• Applicants must possess or be in the process of acquiring a Bachelor's Degree in web design or equivalent
• Good knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks)
• Flexibility, responsibility, creativity
• Able to work under pressure
• Responsible and motivated
• Able to manage their time and prioritize tasks
• Basic knowledge of WordPress and other CMS
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Flexibility, responsibility, creativity and motivation
• Search engine optimization
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing creative input and designs for different projects
• Assisting the development of graphics and layout for SOLS 24/7 program
• Assisting in the preparation of events through banners, logos, brochures etc.
• Helping to develop visual concepts and marketing plans for future projects
• Involvement in video editing and other forms of multimedia
• Providing creative input and designs for various projects
• Working closely with marketing team to ensure designs and themes are consistent with project objectives
• Undertake other community development work when necessary
• To jointly conduct community work with SOLS 24/7 as and when appropriate
• Any other necessary tasks as requested by his/her supervisor