Internship posted by: Planned Parenthood of Illinois
Posted on: November 19, 2012
Volunteer Program Evaluator
Chicago - Winter
What We Offer
PPIL Volunteer, Intern and Advocate Programs work to engage community members in Planned Parenthood issues and programs. The program totals over 12,000 volunteer hours annually and is active in all areas of the agency.
The Volunteer Program Evaluator will work the Public Policy Manager and Community Organizer to analyze current volunteer recruitment and retention strategies. In order fully understand the volunteer program, the intern will participate in field activities and assist with volunteer recruitment. However, the central focus of the internship will be creating and administering a survey on volunteer satisfaction. The intern will also be responsible for analyzing survey results and will present recommendations to the Public Policy Department.
– Gain experience in volunteer management
– Create, administer and analyze a state-wide survey on volunteer satisfaction
– Work with department staff to create an action plan for improving volunteer retention and recruitment based on results
What We Ask
• Belief in and support of the Planned Parenthood mission
• Interest and / or experience in volunteer management and non-profit administration
• Superior organizational and analytical skills, including experience with statistics and research methods
• Familiarity or experience with online survey tools, such as Survey Monkey
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Commitment of 10 -15 hours per week for the semester
PPIL Administrative Office
18 South Michigan Ave., 6th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
Hours are flexible, with shifts available Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Please apply online at www.plannedparenthood.org/illinois under the "Volunteer" section.