Internship posted by: East River Development Alliance
Posted on: January 2, 2013
The East River Development Alliance is a community-led and community-based economic development organization in Long Island City, dedicated to transforming and improving public housing neighborhoods and helping public housing residents achieve economic stability and mobility.
ERDA is seeking a Communications Intern to assist ERDA with its website, social media, and publications, and to assist with the agency's work with public, foundation, corporate, and individual donors. The intern will work closely with the Vice President for Communications and Development and the Communications and Technology Coordinator.
Specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Assist with the production of flyers, advertisements, and other program-specific recruitment and branding materials using the Adobe Creative Suite;
• Maintain ERDA's Facebook, Twitter, and other digital platforms in line with ERDA's overall digital strategy; • Maintain and update ERDA's photo and video archives;
• Assist with the production of ERDA publications, monthly e-newsletter, and special e-blasts;
• Assist with various tasks related to fundraising and development such as: researching new public, foundation, and corporate donors; collaborating on grant writing and reporting; assisting agency's major fundraising events.
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with working in a mid-level, community-based organization. The internship is ideal for an exceptional undergraduate student or a graduate student. The internship will last 4 months.
Additional desired qualifications:
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Previous experience in communications and development in a non-profit setting
• Experience using digital media for non-profit organizations
This internship is unpaid but ERDA is pleased to work with students so they receive course credit.
ERDA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
To apply, please send a resume to Ian Bridgeforth, Communications & Technology Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.