Internship posted by: Rocky Mountain Preparatory Charter School
Posted on: September 9, 2013
Description: Be a part of something amazing. Rocky Mountain Prep (RMP) is a Pre-Kindergarten-5th grade public charter school in Southeast Denver whose mission is to educate children in grades Pre-Kindergarten-5 with the rigorous academic preparation, character development and individualized support necessary to succeed in a 4-year college and in life. As our awesome intern your hard work will support our enrollment, community engagement and academic program work. You will help find the future RMP scholars whose lives will be changed by an exceptional education! This work will enable all of us to achieve our collective mission of providing an excellent college-preparatory education to all students.
What you'll love:
• Maintaining efficient systems used to track outreach to our
families and scholars.
• Planning enrollment events and mobilizing volunteers to help recruit students.
• Working with the leadership and staff to support our academic program.
• Meeting with families and community leaders to spread the word about RMP.
• Working closely with the leadership team of a new public charter school.
• Communicating it effectively to a diverse group of constituents.
• Taking on various projects as assigned.
A candidate we'll love:
• You can't help but create a plan for everything. Your to-do lists are color-coded.
• Graphic design, Excel sheets and social media are your comfort zones. You
regularly explain to grandma the day-to-day value of tweeting.
• You love analyzing data and working with numbers.
• You love getting other people excited about an idea.
• You love expressing ideas visually. Your notebook is always with you.
• You know how valuable time is. You love tracking projects and deadlines and
keeping everybody on track to being on time with deliverables.
• You're entrepreneurial and willing to do "whatever it takes."
• You have a deep dedication and belief in Rocky Mountain Prep's mission,
educational model & values. You work and play hard.
This is an unpaid internship. You will be compensated with lots of gratitude, a fun
workplace and great colleagues! This is a 25-40 hr. per week internship opportunity.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org