BookBox (www.bookbox.com), a social enterprise, has made 45+ animated books (AniBooks) in 40 languages from around the world. AniBooks synchronize the text, audio, and animation using Same Language Subtitling (SLS) to create an edutainment medium which enhances children's basic reading skills and proficiency in various languages. SLS is a scientifically tested and proved method to help improve reading skills. It is being used by PlanetRead for mass literacy on a national level.
We're looking for a social media guru to continue our SM marketing and bring it to another level. Our videos are all on YouTube, with over 100,000 subscribers, but we want to grow, and we want to grow fast. Our focus is on YouTube (youtube.com/bookboxinc), Facebook (facebook.com/bookboxinc), Twitter (twitter.com/bookboxinc), and our blog (bookboxinc.wordpress.com). However we also have Pinterest, LinkedIn and an Instagram account that needs to be looked after.
- Be in charge of overseeing all social media channels including content creation, outreach, and analytics
- Take care of our 6-month old blog, giving teachers lesson plans incorporating our AniBooks. This means searching for writers, and if necessary, creating a lesson plan and performing it at a local school to write a post
- Work with the marketing staff to help with testing AniBooks and lesson plans, create and search for local events to showcase our content, and draft applications for grants and awards
- Promote our AniBooks, AML program, apps, our blog, subscription model, individual language YouTube channels, and importance of literacy & language learning
- Support and create content for monthly newsletter
This position is located in our Pondicherry, India office. As a growing social enterprise, we can provide a modest compensation along with support for stay and food. This is a temporary position (roughly one year, we're open to discussion about the duration), although if you're a good match with BookBox, we'd happy to have you stay longer.
- Understanding of social media marketing
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- 1 - 5 years work experience
- Flexibility to work in an all-Indian office (push for things to get done, but also patience when it's out of your hands)