Internship posted by: American Association of University Women - Headquarters
Posted on: December 11, 2012
Create and upload content to Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, YouTube, the blog,
Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. as appropriate
• Identifying potential and appropriate content for upload using curatorial
judgment appropriate per platform,
• properly formatting content for upload,
• effectively tagging and categorizing information.
• Assisting other departments and staff with their content needs and assisting
the Social Media Manager with training
Help coordinate AAUW Dialog blog scheduling and fulfillment
• Work with authors to ensure deadlines are met,
• work with authors to identify, search for, and acquire images and other
content for posts,
• work with AEM staff to ensure posting schedules are met,
• code, tag, categorize, attribute, schedule (on WordPress) and or post blogs
according to established schedule when necessary,
• update SMM on status and progress daily
Help monitor social channels
• Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.,
• Lookout for opportunities to engage with other visitors, users, etc.
• Help define and collect meaningful matrics
• be on the lookout for questions, complaints, criticism, outreach, etc. that
arises on social channels
Help research and assess tools and channels as assigned
• ie. if and how LinkedIn might have a greater role at AAUW.
• ie. emerging tools, services, channels, etc.
• Passionate about womenʼs issues and the AAUW mission.
• Strong familiarity and comfort with social and new media tools; especially
Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and WordPress
• Competency with core office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Recent graduate with or in the final year attaining a bachelors or higher.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Intern in subject line