BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION! Climate Corps Energize Colleges Program is a 7-month Fellowship to support college students in exploring energy careers and implementing innovative solutions addressing climate, energy and resources efficiency goals at college campuses across California. These individuals will work closely with their respective college or university to support student interns, assist faculty members with academic infusion, work to make connections at area high schools, and track projects outcomes. The fellowship opportunity in Irvine, California, also incorporates environmental and energy justice considerations.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
University of California, Irvine:The Fellow will work with colleagues in the Office of the Associate Chancellor for Sustainability to build UCI's Energize Colleges program in the areas of campus energy management, energy justice, and clean energy enterprise.
- Academic infusion: assist participating faculty members with instructional planning, lesson development, direct instruction, and evaluation.
- College internships: support recruitment and management of about 10 student interns each year. Meet with potential internship hosts to ensure that the host can offer meaningful and supported intern positions.
- High School engagement: Work with High School instructors and interns to brainstorm engagement and instructional opportunities with students at each high school and evaluate their awareness and attitudes.
- Metrics: Fellows will track key evaluation metrics as part of their regular meetings and progress check-ins with each student intern.
APPLICATION PROCESS - To become a Fellow please submit an online application and resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all placements are filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible in order to ensure the best chance of being placed within an organization that fits your needs and goals.
Once the application is complete and has been reviewed, applicants who qualify will be contacted for an interview. Interviews are now for the 2017 Program Year.
To express your interest and learn more, visit: http://www.climatecorps-bayarea.org/fellowship-details.html
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS - This is a full-time, 7 month fellowship program. Additional requirements may depend on the specific position placement sought. We are looking for recent college graduates with:
- An educational background in sustainability and/or environmental fields (e.g., policy, planning, management, science, engineering, or humanities). Volunteer, internship, and prior work experience will be considered.
- An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
- Community outreach and communications experience.
- A connection to the area. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region.
- A lived experience in or record of collaboration with historically marginalized communities most adversely affected by climate change.
- Living allowance stipend of $1,750 per month (before taxes). Select positions may offer an enhanced stipend.
- Monthly health insurance premium reimbursement option.
- Assistance with student loan deferments.
- Extensive professional development and skill building. Upon program completion, Fellows are awarded a Climate Change Protection Professional certificate by Skyline College.
- A modest financial award upon program completion.
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE VISIT: http://www.climate-corps.org/how-to-apply.html.
Areas of focus:
- Irvine, CA, US 92697
Application deadline:March 31, 2017
Start date:March 1, 2017
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:Entry level
Salary:$1,750/month or more, benefit assistance & end of program award