THE YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PARTNERSHIP, INC.
Senior Work Experience Counselors, SWEC, are responsible for the development, implementation and successful completion of their trainees in our workforce training program(s). All counselors have direct service responsibilities and are expected to facilitate the training and educational activities of their caseload. Counselors are responsible for supporting clients to overcome barriers to employment, to attain professional competencies through training and to secure ongoing, unsubsidized employment in jobs that provide a living wage or in careers that will eventually earn living wages.
SWEC provide agency-wide support in the following areas:
1) Case manage 20 eligible young adult clients (per 5-8 month program cohort).
2) Work in team to schedule, facilitate, and teach weekly employability skill workshops and intensive job readiness trainings.
3) Coordinate and monitor education services for the young adults.
4) Perform weekly worksite visits.
5) Complete all program related paperwork including bi weekly timesheets.
6) Develop subsidized internship sites.
7) Place at least 80% of your young adult participants into unsubsidized jobs.
8) Attend meetings to support YEP's work and our trainees- some required by our funders.
9) Maintain relationships with employers, follow up job placements.
10) Assist with lobby duty / Culture Keeper
11) And other duties as assigned.*
- Depending on YEP's funding you may need to support YEP's summer job program and your duties may change during the period of June 15-August 30th.
- SALARY -SWEC are paid a rate of $23.55–$25.50, depending on experience and education.
- PERFORMANCE BONUSES-Upon completion of the new employee evaluation period, If YEP meets its quarterly outcome goals SWEC are eligible to receive up to a 10% bonus, calculated on a quarterly basis. (YEP counseling staff have an average bonus rate of 7%)
- BENEFITS- SWEC receives all benefits required by law and an additional 15% of their gross monthly salary in a cafeteria-style health and welfare benefit plan.
- PAID TIME OFF - SWEC receive 13 paid holidays, sick leave and vacation time.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS: BA or BS required
WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS: SWEC must have extensive and successful backgrounds in employment and job training. All candidates must possess the following: a profound commitment to working with at-risk youth and young adults; a strong ability to organize & problem-solve; ability to multi-task at an extraordinarily high level; a strong, demonstrated work ethic; strong public speaking, verbal and written communication skills; and a serious dedication to working in a non-profit environment in order to better the lives of underserved youth in the Oakland community.
This position is also contingent upon your ability to:
1.Clear an appropriate fingerprint and background check -required of all YEP employees.
2.Access to a vehicle at least 20 hours/week, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: YEP actively seeks to hire individuals, without regard to race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin or age.
Areas of focus:
- Oakland, CA, US 94601
Employment type:Full Time
Salary range:49,000 - 53,000
Benefits:all benefits required by law and an additional 15% of their gross monthly salary in a cafeteria-style health and welfare benefit plan.
Language proficiency:Bilingual highly desirable