The Hudson River Maritime Museum is seeking full or part-time Development Director to join our team. This person would be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the fundraising efforts of the HRMM including, major donor development, membership programs, grant-writing efforts, annual year-end appeal, planned giving, certain special events and capital campaigns. The Development Director works closely with Executive Director and the Board of Trustees in all development and fund raising plans and efforts. In addition, Development Director will oversee and manage the Development / Membership Associate and other project-specific grant writers that may be required.
- Understand and embrace the mission of the Hudson River Maritime Museum
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and writing skills and ability to complete large grant-writing projects.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be motivated to initiate donor visits and build external relationships.
- Be organized and exhibit ability to complete tasks and goals on time.
- Display a positive attitude and professional conduct at all times.
- Understand not-for-profit financial concepts and be able to create budgets and reports.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as appropriate to the job responsibilities.
- Professional maturity, positive interpersonal skills and a high level of discretion
- Ability to take initiative, proactively solve problems and assess priorities, and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively.
- A bachelor's degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Executive Director to establish goals and milestones.
- Establish a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish on-going and established relationships.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Work closely with Board President and Board of Trustees to identify contacts and plan outreach efforts.
- Partner with Board Development Committee, attending meetings and training staff and Board.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the HRMM with the community.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities, including Annual Report.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Develop strong set of fundraising reports; annual, monthly, and per-project.
- Supervise Development and Membership Associate in following areas;
- Designing and managing membership levels and benefits database.
- Coordinate certain fund raising special events.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Creation of fundraising reports and tracking systems.
- Maintain volunteer and in-kind giving recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
HRMM offers a salary commensurate with experience. HRMM is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. At a minimum, Bachelors Degree and direct fundraising experience at a leadership level is required with a proven ability to design, develop, oversee and lead all aspects of an organization's fundraising activities.
50 Rondout Landing
Kingston, NY, US 12401
Application deadline:March 31, 2017
Start date:April 30, 2017
Employment type:Part Time
Salary:Commensurate with experience