Development Associate, West Coast
Brown University, Division of Advancement
This position will provide an advanced level of direct administrative support to two or more Directors/Assistant Directors in the San Francisco office.
- This position will handle administrative duties for the Directors, which include but are not limited to, meeting/travel arrangements (including travel expense reimbursement), gift/pledge recording accuracy, high level correspondence and briefings, proposal pipeline maintenance, filing, research, event support, as well as technical and logistical support to the Directors.
- This position is also responsible for most information technology tasks and functions in support of the Directors. This position is based in Brown's satellite office in San Francisco and will work cooperatively with other Development Associates and fundraising staff within Brown's Division of Advancement.
This position will share receptionist and other office-related support duties with the other Development Associate in the San Francisco office.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience (development, sales, customer relations and administrative), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher-education, fundraising, or non-profit setting highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, given the nature of the satellite office.
- Strong project/time management skills preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and have an ability to handle and complete multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, FileMaker Pro databases. Use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Knowledge of Blackbaud preferred.
- Must have a degree of computer proficiency and Information Management Skills to carry out the major responsibilities of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown's Career Site: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/601-Montgomery-Street/Development-Associate--West-Coast_REQ131873-1
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown is an Ivy League University located in Providence, Rhode Island, comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA. With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional graduate and undergraduate instruction. We have a dynamic campus community with many exciting events, such as visits from world leaders, sporting events, theatre, music, and dance. Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/
Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.
Areas of focus:
- San Francisco, CA, US
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified