Job posted by: GRM International
Posted on: October 28, 2013
DFID is commissioning a thematic evaluation of DFID humanitarian programmes in fragile and conflict-affected states including Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Sudan, and Yemen.
The purpose of the evaluation is to generate learning and evidence on whether and how a multi-year humanitarian funding approach has enabled DFID programmes:
The evaluation will provide evidence to contribute to the management of these programmes at country level, and to inform DFID's humanitarian policy more broadly. The evaluation findings are also expected to contribute to the global evidence base on good humanitarian practice and on how to build resilience in the most fragile and conflict-affected states.
We seek applications for one of the Local Team Leader positions to be based in Ethiopia. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience implementing complex monitoring and evaluation systems for humanitarian interventions;
- Implementation and design of evaluation or research in fragile environments which aim to generate learning and evidence for DFID and the wider humanitarian community;
- Specific knowledge or multi-dimensional vulnerability as related to Ethiopia, including livelihoods, nutrition, poverty and displacement essential;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in humanitarian/development programming or research;
- Fluency in Amharic and English or French;
- Experience of humanitarian response in other contexts, especially DRC, Yemen or Sudan;
- Experience conducting thematic or cross sector evaluations.
- Ethiopian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Should you have any questions, please contact Sruti.email@example.com.
To register your interest, please apply through GRM International Careers Website www.grminternational.com.
Applications close on 9 November 2013.
In October 2011 GRM International and the Futures Group merged to become a major global force in development with approximately 90 current projects operating in more than 60 countries, and $225 million in revenue. The combined group has a multi sectoral focus, more diverse technical offerings and a wider geographic reach. We aim to be a world leader in everything we do whilst meeting the highest professional and ethical standards. By exceeding our clients' expectations and creating value for them, we will create value for our shareholders and employees. To achieve this, we need consistent and sustainable growth.