Educurious was selected by the City of Seattle to serve as the Mayor's Youth Employment Intermediary matching in and out of school youth ages 14-24 with area employer-based learning experiences, starting with the identification and filling of internships in 2016. This project, combined with our Career Connection project providing similar services to the Roadmap Districts in South King County, creates the need for an Employer Relations Coordinator.
Organizational Role: The role of Employer Relations Coordinator will function as a core team member of the Mayor's Youth Employment Initiative and Career Connection. This person will report to Andrea Greenstein.
About the position: The Employer Relations Coordinator is responsible for procuring successful youth employment opportunities. Activities include, but not limited to: employer outreach and follow-up, marketing of services, connecting employers with participants, securing placements, coordinating with the Office of Economic Development, Department of Human Services and Mayor's Task Force, training supervisors and managing relationships to coordinate with the rest of the Mayor's Youth Initiative team.
The Employer Relations Coordinator is a contributor on a team that is expected to meet/exceed performance objectives under the contract and ensure compliance with client, state and federal policies and procedures. Travel may be required in the service area of the client to provide services to participants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain on-going relationships to expand contacts with business executives to enhance career connection opportunities (networking, informational interviews, mentoring, work-based problems, job shadows, internships).
- Develop employment and internship/externship opportunities and work with team to coordinate placements and train internship supervisors.
- Develop and maintain a database of business prospects, employers and related activity and follow up on leads generated by the Mayor's team.
- Coordinate job development activities with team members and manage the technology system and platform that connects postings and candidates.
- Help evaluate the effectiveness of the program in meeting the employer's needs.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate financial repository activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years' experience in job development, workforce development, employment and training or related experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of job development and workforce development strategies;
- Sales experience in the delivery of service such as staffing;
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously;
- Self-starter who is comfortable with start-up environments and can work with or without
- Ability to market services, cold call with prospect clients, with a strong customer service
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and results-orientation;
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to work with youth and adults from diverse economic, cultural, and ethnic
- Familiarity with contemporary online social network design and functionality.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, psychology, or related field required. Master's degree desirable.
OR Completion of two years of college AND four or more years as a Job Developer, sales or marketing, or youth employment specialist.
2815 Eastlake Avenue East, Suite 220
Seattle, WA, US 98102
Employment type:Full Time