Job posted by: WGBH Educational Foundation
Posted on: January 15, 2014
NOVA is the nation's longest running and most respected primetime science series. NOVA's Education division focuses on expanding and deepening NOVA's community of formal and informal STEM education audiences. This involves developing new methods for reaching and sustaining this community, designing innovative instructional programs and products, and establishing new strategic partnerships.
Under the direction of NOVA's Director of New Media, the Education Manager will supervise a staff of 2-5 employees, be responsible for the completion of all NOVA Education project deliverables on time and on budget, and participate in proposal development. This position will lead the department's education initiatives, manage day-to-day operations, build and report on budgets, and represent the NOVA Education team in departmental and organizational strategic planning.
• A degree in education and/or science, with 3-6 years related work experience.
• Superior project management, problem solving and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and allocate limited staff resources to maximize efficiency. The ability to be flexible with projects with competing deadlines is essential. The successful candidate will be detail and deadline oriented and will be able to manage the expectations of a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Experience working in an educational setting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Experience developing and managing budgets in Excel.
• Experienced public speaker/presenter.
• Willingness and ability to travel nationally and work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends.
• Proactive, collaborative, and a team player
• Classroom teaching experience.
• Supervisory experience.
• Familiar with presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
• Familiar with social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook, Google+.
• Experience working on websites with online content management systems.
B.A. (Education or Science)
Please apply via our career site: http://www.wgbh.org/about/employmentOpportunities.cfm