Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low-income countries during two time periods which are most critical in a child's schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls' education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. Room to Read has benefited 10 million children across 17,500 communities in Asia and Africa, and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org.
The Salesforce Administrator and Applications Associate is part of Room to Read's Information Technology (IT) team based in the San Francisco, CA headquarters. This Associate is responsible for leading the scoping, development, implementation, and ongoing administration of Salesforce ecosystem applications across Room to Read's global application infrastructure. The ecosystem currently consists of our Global Solutions Database (GSD a custom Salesforce enterprise instance) for tracking programs, donor management (NGOC a custom Salesforce enterprise instance specific to nonprofit fundraising) Marketing Cloud, Classy for peer to peer fundraising, Engaging Networks for online donation processing, Adaptive Insight for budgeting and Intacct as our general ledger. The Salesforce Administrator and Applications Associate reports directly to the IT and Business Solutions Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as Room to Read's Salesforce Administrator and manage the integration across multiple instances of [[http:Salesforce.com|Salesforce.com]]
- Address ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users worldwide. Requests include, but are not limited to, updating large data sets with demand tools or data loader, report creation/updates, custom development fixes (with a click not codes approach), working with Salesforce workflows, process builder and formulas.
- Work with end users in various departments to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes and work flows
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis and create clear and compelling business cases for technology solutions
- Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications, business processes and work flows and manage updates to existing applications
- Partner with various departments to develop Salesforce training plans, materials, and documentation for users
- Design, develop and manage reports, dashboards, and across the organization
- Manage Room to Read's Global Solutions Database (GSD), implemented on the [[http:Salesforce.com|Salesforce.com]] platform
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or other resources) to improve enterprise application
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technology releases, applications, integrations, and opportunities
- Liaise with external implementation partners as required
- Other duties as necessary
- BA or BS degree in computer science or another relevant field
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of professional work experience
- Proven experience administering [[http:Salesforce.com|Salesforce.com]] (SFDC) platform, Salesforce administrator certification preferred
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to write requirements that are clear and concise, facilitate project team meetings and communicate effectively with SMEs and other non-technical staff
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Ability and desire to travel internationally as required
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
465 California Street
San Francisco, CA, US 94104
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified