ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter organization in Los Angeles, serving 12,500 low-income families across 28 open enrollment public charter high schools and middle schools. Alliance schools significantly outperform traditional public schools across almost every measure; for example, 95% of Alliance students graduate high school in four years and 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college. We are committed to hiring the most dedicated, qualified, and talented teachers, school leaders, and staff to join our team and serve our students.
Alliance schools are small, with up to 150 students per grade level. They are designed to prepare students for the intellectual rigor of college coursework, equipping them with digital literacy skills required for 21st century careers. Alliance teaches logic, critical thinking, problem solving and perseverance through the application of scientific principles, deep analysis of ideas, verbal and written exchange of multiple perspectives, and mathematical concepts. All of this work is done within a technology-rich environment to personalize the student learning experience.
The Manager of Parent and Community Engagement will work closely with each school's Parent Engagement Specialist and with school leaders to further the mission of Alliance schools via community engagement and advocacy. In addition, this position will work directly with Alliance volunteer Parent Ambassadors through trainings and ongoing collaboration. Reporting to the Director of Parent and Community Engagement, the Manager will also be responsible for developing and driving a multi-year parent and community advocacy strategy.
- Develop Parent Engagement Specialists across Alliance schools in advocacy and community engage
- Develop and manage a multi-year parent and community engagement plan with appropriate metrics and deliverables;
- Coordinate closely with school leaders and Home Office team members to ensure clear communications and fidelity to plans;
- Develop and support implementation of systems and analytics to effectively track parent engagement and advocacy across schools;
- Perform data analysis to help Alliance schools make sound operational decision;
- Identify, codify, and share best practices in parent and community engagement work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience);
- Five years of leading advocacy and parent or community engagement efforts;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, including an ability to manage and multi-task many projects;
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and multi-tasking;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings and weekends, as needed;
- Travel throughout Los Angeles, valid license and automobile available for daily use required;
- Demonstrated commitment to education, low income communities, and communities of color;
- Commitment to Alliance's mission;
- Spanish fluency a plus;
- Microsoft Word ninja.
Skills, Beliefs, and Mindset:
- Belief in and alignment with Alliance's core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships with teachers, coaches, school leaders and other home office departments
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools prides itself in offering its employees a competitive salary and excellent group benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage for the employee and her/his eligible dependents. Retirement benefits are also offered and include an employer match/contribution.
601 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA, US 90017
Employment type:Full Time
Benefits:Excellent Benefits Package! (medical, dental, vision), 403b,