Job posted by: Episcopal Social Services of NY
Posted on: January 22, 2013
The Direct Care Worker (DCW) will ensure the safety and well-being of adults with developmental disabilities who live in a group home located in Bronx, New York. By providing consistent and quality comfort, care, training, and support, the DCW empowers our clients to engage in day-to-day activities. This includes toileting, feeding, showering, dressing, and maintaining health and hygiene.
1. The respectful engagement of people with developmental disabilities.
2. Maintaining accurate logs of daily activities including but not limited to: medication administration, vehicle log books, daily activities, fire drill logs etc.
3. Working as a team with other DCW's to provide a safe and stable space for our clients to stay in.
4. Bringing our clients into the community to engage in numerous activities and to help teach daily living skills.
5. Maintaining the order and cleanliness of the group home (including doing laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, surfaces).
6. Live through the values at ESS to ensure that we are transforming the lives and communities of New Yorkers in need.
1. Must be a team-player, work well with peers, and have effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Valid NYS Driver's license REQUIRED
3. Although training will be provided, candidates with SCIP, AMAP, CPR, and First Aid Trainings are preferred.
4. A positive attitude and comfort working with the population. Previous experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
5. G.E.D. or High School Diploma Required.
Now hiring both full time and part time postions in the Bronx
To apply, please visit: http://essnyc.theresumator.com/apply/Q73lk9/Direct-Care-Worker.html
Be sure to include: 3 professional references as well as your shift availability.
Background checks at ESS are conducted as required by our funders and ESS policy. Screening may include Drug Test, Criminal Conviction History & Article A-23 Analysis, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References. An indication in any of these areas does not necessarily bar an individual from working at ESS and all applicants are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of ESS that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.