Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top analytic and finance professionals in New York with leading education organizations. Through the Fellowship we place candidates in full-time, non-instructional roles in education with K-12 school districts, charter organizations, or other educational organizations to launch your career in the sector. This is a great opportunity for professionals to use their existing skills to create long lasting systemic change, in public education.
Education Pioneers will then support your onboarding through three months of tailored professional development alongside a cohort of diverse peers that will build your mindsets and K-12 knowledge to become a change agent in education. EP Alumni receive access to our network of 3,000+ Alumni nationwide. Over 70% of EP Alumni continue to work full time in education.
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. Previous Fellows have:
- Performed statistical analysis to support leader decision-making
- Built financial models and developed tools to support data analysis
- Built data visualization tools and dashboards to drive accurate decision making
- Led financial reporting, budgeting processes, and resource allocation at a school district
- Promoted data-driven instruction and created sustainable teacher retention strategies
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
- Commitment to the full program term including the ability to attend workshops and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
- Commitment to Education Pioneers' mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
- Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
- Ability to take initiative and drive results
- Track record of success in academic and professional settings
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
- Completion of or enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Knowledge of Tableau, SPSS, STATA, or other data visualization and data management software is a plus
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
- A willingness and ability to learn new software
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers admissions process is highly selective.
The application deadline is May 12th for fall start opportunities (beginning September 2017)
Career Track Fellows salary is commensurate with experience
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill | DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
- New York, NY, US
Application deadline:May 12, 2017
Employment type:Full Time
Salary:Salary & Benefits are commensurate with experience