The SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund (Training Fund) is a non-profit, labor/management partnership between eight major healthcare employers and the largest healthcare union in Washington State. The Training Fund was formed in 2008 and is a state-wide program that addresses workforce needs of participating employers and supports the career, knowledge and skill aspirations of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW members.
The Training Fund is seeking an experienced Outreach and Communications Specialist. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Outreach and Communications Lead to assist the Training Fund's outreach and communications projects, schedule and implement the Fund's member outreach efforts and assist with social media marketing. The Outreach and Communications Specialist works to identify, create, and build lasting awareness and relationships with our members, the union (SEIU Healthcare 1199NW), employers and community partners. Our ideal candidate loves meeting and connecting with new people.
- Work closely with supervisor to schedule and participate in member outreach events that are off-site, occasionally in the evenings, and/or on the weekends, for the purpose of promoting educational benefits for healthcare workers
- Provide input on member outreach and communication strategic planning
- Collaborate with supervisor and other Training Fund staff regarding outreach efforts
- Execute a variety of details that involve member outreach campaigns and special events
- Help maintain and grow the Training Fund's social networking profile. Work with supervisor to implement and maintain a social media strategy, including writing, copyediting, and posting interactive content such as photos and videos.
- Assist in the conceptualization and/or production and the dissemination of marketing materials that align with the Training Fund's brand
- Design, develop and implement digital media elements including email communications, flyers, and social media graphics.
- Update Training Fund website content as needed
- Represent the Training Fund at union and employer meetings and events
- Be a liaison with all partners and help facilitate a mutual understanding between the union, our employers, and community partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, Training Fund staff, union and employer staff, and community partners
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative ways to use communications as a means of achieving Training Fund goals
- Demonstrated excellence with written and oral skills, including public speaking
- Talent for writing engaging social media posts and headlines
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and texting platforms
- Ability to recognize and set priorities and to use initiative and independent judgement in a wide variety of situations
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage time
- Ability to troubleshoot and think creatively
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, perform required data entry proficiently and utilize computer software and specialized programs (i.e. WordPress, Constant Contact, Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends) on occasion as necessary
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in public relations, communications, marketing, or closely related field
- Minimum of 2-3 year's paid experience in any of the above areas with proven experience in social media platforms
- Strong design skills in both print and digital marketing initiatives
- Working knowledge of WordPress and web best practices
- Experience using photo and video editing programs
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter and have strong skills in multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, face-to-face, telephone and email interactions
- Personable, friendly, and customer service-oriented demeanor
- Demonstrated success working on a team
- A commitment to working with diverse individuals who have a variety of work and communication styles including members, staff and employer representatives.
- A valid Washington State driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiarity with unions and the labor movement
- Familiarity with healthcare systems and healthcare worker settings
- Experience working in a non-profit or public sector organization dedicated to improving social justice or educational outcomes for workers/students
- Equivalent combination of education, training, or experience that ensures excellent performance of essential job functions is acceptable
- Office environment
- Public settings (conference/staff rooms, cafeterias)
- Significant travel between employer locations and Training Fund office.
- Occasional irregular hours in order to connect with members who work at all times of the day and night.
- Starting salary range $54,000 DOE/DOQ
- Generous benefit package, including health and dental insurance.
- Full time, exempt
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to Casey Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be reviewed within three (3) weeks of posting. Position will remain open until filled.
The SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training and Education Fund has a non-discrimination policy and is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons of color, bilingual/multilingual and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
15 S Grady Way Ste 321
Renton, WA, US 98057
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified