Do you dream of becoming a social worker, urban educator, entrepreneur or social activist,
but lack the necessary experience to start down one of those career paths?
Are you interested in youth development work
and dedicated to making the world a better place?
Join the UTEC family and let us help you reach your goals!
At UTEC, you will develop the skills of an outstanding youth worker by serving shoulder to shoulder with some of the most talented and innovative youth workers in the country. You will join a unique and nationally recognized organization where we ignite the ambition of young adults to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. You will make valuable professional connections while contributing to UTEC's profound and fulfilling mission!
Benefits of Becoming an AmeriCorps Member at UTEC:
- 1,700 hours of powerful, hands-on learning over 47 weeks from late August 2017-July 2018 (approx. 40 hours per week).
- Choose from twelve different specialized positions in a variety of UTEC departments including: Culinary, Social Justice, Woodworking, Education, and Social Enterprise.
- Foster meaningful connections with our youth, experienced staff members, and a close knit cohort of passionate AmeriCorps members.
- Individual coaching and professional development in youth engagement, workforce development, cultural awareness, conflict mediation, team facilitation and much more.
- Feel the exhilaration that comes from stretching outside your comfort zone.
- Opportunities to create individual, departmental, and corps-wide service projects and build professional skills that are transferable to a variety of careers
- Career counseling and support to propel you towards your future goals
- Earn a modest living allowance of $14,000 per year (pre-tax) paid bi-weekly
- Earn the additional Segal Education Award of $5,730 upon completion of each year of service. For more information on this award, please visit: AmeriCorps Education Award
- Forbearance for qualifying student loans
- Health coverage, child care and food vouchers available to eligible applicants
- AmeriCorps State and National programs are open to U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens age 17 and older.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Available starting late August 2016 from Monday-Friday, between the hours 9 AM – 6 PM through July of 2017 (schedules may vary by department and throughout the year)
- UTEC will make reasonable accommodations, when requested, for any and all individuals with a permanent or temporary disability.
AmeriCorps VISTA Opportunities
VISTA members serve at UTEC for a 12-month period. For more information about current VISTA positions, please visit: Social Enterprise VISTA Positions.Please send a resume and letter of interest to Miguel Andres Quinones at Mquinones@utec-lowell.org
UTEC AmeriCorps Members trade one year of service
for life-changing personal and professional growth!
For more information:
To learn more about the UTEC AmeriCorps Program Watch This Video
To explore the wide variety of AmeriCorps Positions available at UTEC, visit: AMC Positions
To learn about AmeriCorps in general, visit www.americorps.gov
Are You Interested in Joining Our Team?
Great! We are so excited to talk with you! Recruitment has begun, but it's not too late to apply for our August 2016 cohort. Submit a resume and letter of interest today to Miguel Andres Quinones at email@example.com
15 Warren St #3
Lowell, MA, US 01852
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified
Salary range:14,000 - 14,000