Identity seeks a Development and Communications Coordinator with initiative, flexibility and a strong desire to contribute to a community where Latino and other vulnerable youth have the resources, supports and opportunities to realize their highest potential. This position has two primary functions: to coordinate the Development and Communications work of Identity and to support the Executive Director. While this position is currently structured as a full-time position, there may be some flexibility in scheduling.
Strong applicants will have superb oral and written communications skills and be exceptionally well organized and detail oriented. They will have a bachelor's degree, at least two years of work experience, be proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable with database applications and social media. In addition, they will be passionate about Identity's mission and programs. Ideally, they will be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Development and Communications responsibilities include:
- Contributing to and supporting the administration, preparation and production of proposals.
- Collaborating on and assisting with the development and production of marketing materials; preparing mailings and letters for donors.
- Updating Identity's website and social media sites.
- Managing databases and files, and generating reports.
Executive Assistant responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Executive Director's outward facing activities and internal staff facing activities.
- Organizing and managing Board operations.
- Conducting or assisting with special projects, research and/or analysis as requested by the Executive Director or Chief Strategy Officer.
Identity's primary goal is to support Latino and other vulnerable youth in making a successful transition to adulthood by providing a range of services that reduce their risk factors, increase their protective factors, strengthen their social and emotional well-being and support their academic and economic achievements. All of our work is grounded in the Positive Youth Development model, supported by intensive case management and counseling, and rigorously evaluated. Identity believes that young people deserve more than one chance and that society is enhanced by diversity.
414 East Diamond Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD, US 20877
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified
Benefits:comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance; and health reimbursement accounts; 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, and generous paid time off
Language proficiency:fluency desired