Title: Partnership Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Location: Chicago (IL), New York City (NY), & Stamford (CT)
FLSA: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday with some weekday evenings and/or Saturdays required
Overview of the Organization
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. buildOn runs intensive community service and service learning programs in 40 high schools across the U.S. buildOn empowers youth to contribute direct service to their communities – working with senior citizens, the homeless, and younger children – and through buildOn, students learn to see themselves as the solution, not the problem. They expect more for their communities and themselves, and they develop character, grit, and determination to succeed. These same students help build schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world. buildOn students have served over 1.8 million hours and have helped build more than 1,000 schools in Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nepal, Nicaragua, Malawi, Mali, and Senegal.
Overview of the Role
The Partnership Coordinator plays an integral role to coordinate the involvement of buildOn's domestic programs ("buildOn U.S.") in key external stakeholder engagement opportunities. In all responsibilities, the Partnership Coordinator works across boundaries to collaborate closely with various departments, particularly buildOn U.S., Development, and Marketing. The Partnership Coordinator will support the following initiatives and more:
- Partnership Program: several session experience pairing adult volunteers with buildOn students following a curricular theme such as Civic Engagement, College Readiness, or Financial Literacy
- 36 Hours: external stakeholder experience to immerse within buildOn U.S. programs via service projects, school/neighborhood exploration, and student interaction
- Special Events: key events for current and prospective donors to support buildOn
- Student Storytelling: elevate the stories of buildOn students and the impact of service to inspire people to join and support the buildOn movement
The Partnership Coordinator will be the primary point of support within the home region and likely also work remotely across regions to support one (or more) additional buildOn region(s).
- Coordinate buildOn U.S. involvement in all external-facing fund development, marketing, and stakeholder engagement opportunities to sustain and grow financial support for buildOn U.S.
- For the Partnership Program, co-facilitate sessions for students and adult volunteers. Coordinate logistics for each session as necessary including meeting space, student transportation, and food. Strengthen curriculum, structure, and processes individually and collaboratively to drive major gift renewals and new individual donors.
- For 36 Hour Immersions, Special Events, Site Visits, and Student Storytelling, coordinate student, school, and community integration. Support student preparation. Coordinate service projects and lead alongside pertinent buildOn U.S. team members.
- Help facilitate the collection of data and content to report on buildOn U.S. programs to funders.
- With Program Director's collaboration, manage additional buildOn U.S. team support for all external initiatives as necessary.
- Maintain consistent, excellent communication with Program Directors and applicable buildOn U.S., Development, and Marketing team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Characteristics of Excellent Candidates
- Personal commitment to buildOn's mission – the power of service to change lives, communities, and the world
- Committed to buildOn's core values of empowerment, responsibility, and compassion
- Track record of professional and personal achievement
- Invested in continual growth and learning through ongoing discovery, planning and execution, and reflection
- Exceptionally skilled at considering and incorporating variety of perspectives in events and activities
- Excellent relationship builder with variety of stakeholders: students, school and community partners, donors, and buildOn team members
- Superb organization skills
- Strong communicator
- Driven to achieve goals
- Adaptive in dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Disciplined with time to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Relevant educational background (Bachelor's degree required)
buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildon.org
800 Long Ridge Road
Stamford, CT, US 06902
391 East 149th Street, 7th Floor
Bronx, NY, US 10451
500 West Monroe, Floor 10
Chicago, IL, US 60661
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:Entry level