Position: Development & Communications Coordinator
Location: Brooklyn, New York with occasional travel to Africa
Organization: goods for good, Inc. (www.goodsforgood.org)
Job Category: Full-Time
Start Date: February 2017
goods for good (GFG) addresses Malawi's orphan crisis in a revolutionary and sustainable way —not by simply providing Malawians with resources, but by empowering them to generate their own. By partnering directly with Malawian community centers that care for orphans, GFG gives communities the resources and industry knowledge required to build successful businesses. In doing so, these community centers become fiscally equipped to support orphan care, all while creating jobs that boosting the local economy.
So far, GFG has launched ten community businesses and forty household businesses, including poultry farms, tailoring co-ops, and honeybee hives. Now, these businesses help provide 95,000 orphans and vulnerable children with healthy meals, school scholarships, and basic medical care.
goods for good is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with offices in New York and Lilongwe, Malawi.
GFG is looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented self-starter to provide support in development and communications particularly in the areas of branding and messaging, donor management, and institutional support.
The Development & Communications Coordinator must be able to maximize resources and work efficiently. This is a unique opportunity to become a key person in a non-profit that is taking an innovative and effective model to scale.
This individual will report to the Communications Director and Executive Director.
Branding & Marketing
- Work closely with the Communications Director to deliver high impact branding and messaging on a day-to-day basis and for specific appeals and campaigns.
- Support the Communications Director in soliciting PR for the organization as a whole and around special events.
- Monitor & update GFG website, social media & overall online presence.
- Work closely with GFG leadership on special projects.
- Execute a multi-pronged approach to donor prospecting and stewardship across giving levels.
- Implement monthly donor and pledge circle initiatives.
- Work closely with GFG leadership on Board prospecting and stewardship.
- Contribute to the management of honorees, host committees and overall fundraising for GFG's most important events.
- Share data entry responsibilities with the Special Events Coordinator.
- Provide any other administrative support as requested.
- Research grants, awards, conferences and speaking opportunities.
- Write grants and complete applications for awards, conferences and speaking opportunities.
- Two to four years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to foster a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, GiftWorks, and Salesforce strongly desired.
- Must be passionate about the mission of the Organization.
- Familiarity with Southern Africa and issues of poverty preferred.
- Bachelors Degree required.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Development & Communications Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
45 Main Street
Brooklyn, NY, US 11201
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified