Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Patient Referral Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Patient Referral Coordinator to join our Clinical Services team. This Patient Referral Coordinator is based at our Diane L. Max Center located at 21-41 45th Road, Long Island City, New York 11101.
What you'll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
-Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We've been here 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
-Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
-A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
-Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Patient Referral Coordinator does:
- Coordinates, processes, and schedules medical referrals for patients in need of external consultation as requested by PPNYC medical providers
- Maintains an accurate record of external referral patient's appointments
- Produces referral reports as requested
- Utilizes third party payer/insurance portals with an understanding of insurance providers, their portals and their expectations for authorization approvals
- Assists patients in accessing other services needed to maintain their referral appointment such as but not limited to transportation, interpretation services, and health care benefits
- Collaborates with social workers, nurses, and other patient care support staff
We're seeking candidates who have:
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of professional varied work experience, preferably in a community or health care setting