POSITION: PreK Lead Teacher, 10 month position.
GRADES: Early Childhood
REPORTS TO: Principal, Assistant Principal, and Director of Student Support Services.
Bridges is seeking individuals who are committed to the learning and development of Students. Our classrooms are culturally and linguistically diverse and include students with special needs. The position of Lead Teacher in a general education inclusion classroom is a 10 month position.
Bridges mission is to provide an exemplary educational program that includes all students. Our developmentally appropriate, student and family-centered educational approach nurtures students to expand their developmental skills, in order to build a foundation for life-long learning. Bridges Public Charter School is expanding into an elementary school program. We will add a grade level each year reaching capacity at 5th grade in the 2017- 2018 school year.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will:
- Be "highly qualified" and have: a dual Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education and Special Education; a Masters Degree and certification in Early Childhood Education; a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education; a Bachelors Degree and certification in Early Childhood Education; or a Bachelors degree and have passed the required Praxis exams for early childhood instruction in DC.
- Have 1 to 2 years of successful classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting. 2 or more years of teaching experience is preferred.
- Be a strong classroom manager.
- Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Have a track record of being a team player and community minded.
- Be committed to their own learning.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to work independently.
- Plan and manage a general education inclusion Pre-K 3/Pre-K 4 classroom and assistant teacher(s).
- Plan and implement a program of instruction using the school's integrated early childhood curriculum.
- Development meaningful learning expeditions and projects.
- Assess student progress regularly and using data to plan for instruction.
- Collaborate and co-teach with Inclusion teacher (floating special education teacher) and ELL teacher.
- Create a classroom culture and environment that develops and nurtures the emotional, cognitive and social abilities of the students, implementing Responsive Classroom techniques.
- Respond to students' behavior appropriately and successfully.
- Engage parents and families in their student's learning and acting as an ambassador for the school in the community.
- Contribute productively to the school as a whole.
- Attend and participate in school events outside of regular school hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
100 Gallatin St. NE
Washington, DC, US 20011
Application deadline:July 28, 2017
Start date:August 7, 2017
Employment type:Full Time
Salary range:45,000 - 80,000
Salary:Salary based on education and years of experience
Benefits:Medical, dental & personal / sick days
Language proficiency:Strong reading and writing skills in English.