Bellwether Housing is a highly respected non-profit housing organization, providing affordable apartments to 1,900 households in 30 properties throughout Seattle. We seek an analytical Staff Accountant to oversee revenue and Accounts Receivable, as well as the accounting for many of our buildings.
Bellwether Housing is proud to be one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Washington for 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, and one of the five best non-profits in the State. Come join our award winning organization.
- Oversee revenue billing system, assist with troubleshooting and account analysis.
- Initiate and complete processing of accounting transactions and routine closing processes for timely and reliable monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Reconcile Property Management sub-ledgers, investigate reconciling items and provide reliable reports.
- Produce reliable and timely internal management reports for Bellwether administration and Board of Directors, partners, and the clients we serve.
- Assist month-end and year-end closing processes including analyzing, correcting accounts, preparing schedules, documenting for year-end partnership tax and GAAP accounting as well as the annual Bellwether and Affiliates audit.
- Assist with annual budgeting process to assure timely and accurate reporting of actual versus budget.
- Coordinate collections process for former resident accounts receivable for maximum recovery from former tenants.
- Special projects as assigned.
Bellwether offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of highly talented professionals who are committed to our mission of creating housing affordability so that people and communities can thrive. Bellwether has flourished for over 36 years through leadership, vision, entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to our values of respect, integrity, community and excellence.
An attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience, will be offered to the right candidate.
- Knowledge of accounting transactions for all major accounting cycles.
- Knowledge of general ledger analysis and reconciliation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects.
- Advanced Excel skills and data file uploads/downloads.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Ability to learn all facets of accounting cycle.
- Accounting experience with a real estate organization that constructs and manages properties.
- Prior experience working with MIP accounting software and property management software, as well as SQL queries.
- Property management experience.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
Other Position Requirements:
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check, as well as a credit history check, prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sensory or mental or physical handicap, or disabled veteran or Viet Nam era veteran status.
1651 Bellevue Ave.
Seattle, WA, US 98122
Employment type:Full Time