Title: Loyalty Marketing Coordinator
Report to: Director of Communications
Location: NYC/Bronx, NY
FLSA: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Overview of the Organization
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education. buildOn runs intensive community service and service learning programs in 40 high schools across the U.S. and empowers youth to contribute direct service to their communities – working with senior citizens, the homeless population and younger children. Through buildOn, students learn to see themselves as the solution, not the problem. They elevate expectations for their communities and themselves. And they develop the character, grit and determination they need to succeed. 97% of buildOn students in the U.S. not only graduate from high school, they go on to college! These same students help build schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world, bringing access to education to hundreds of communities. buildOn students have contributed more than 1.8 million hours of service in the U.S., and have helped build more than 1000 schools in Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nepal, Nicaragua, Malawi, Mali, and Senegal.
Overview of the Role
The Loyalty Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for implementing a best-in-class donor/partner communication program. This person is meant to ensure every buildOn supporter understands how their contributions are making a direct impact. It is essential that our supporters understand that they are a vital part of the buildOn movement and family.
In this role you will be working on best in class partner reporting and strategy. You will also be actively identifying supporter stories to share on the blog and through social media. You will work hand in hand with the Marketing/Communications and Development Teams alongside the buildOn US and Global teams to deliver content. Not only will you be contributing to breaking the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations, you will be directly connected with the partners that make our work possible.
- Develop strategic systems for the creation and delivery of impact reporting
- Deliver moving, personal and creative Partner/Donor reporting on time and to deadline.
- Managing Partner/Donor Recognition Programs
- Celebrating Partner's/Donor's through social media
- Recognize Partner's/Donor's on buildOn's blog through storytelling (writing)
- Help identify newsworthy Partner/Donor stories to pitch to the media
- Use your creativity freely to consistently surprise and delight Partners/Donors to ensure partner retention.
What you will need to succeed:
- You are energetic and love working hand in hand with other people.
- You are highly organized and creative
- You take a problem head on and find a creative way to solve it
- You are strategic. You are focused on achieving your goals and spend your energy on the ideas and tasks to get you there. You target your content to your audience and measure their response.
- You are good at taking feedback and have a genuine desire to improve
- Your grammar is impeccable, but you have a casual and conversational writing style.
- You are entrepreneurial. If you don't have the tools you need to be successful, you will find them. Challenges don't overwhelm you, and you have the tenacity to overcome them.
- You have a knack for design and an eye for photography
- You are committed to changing the world. You believe in buildOn's mission and are committed to equality and service. You are as comfortable in a Bronx High School, or in West Africa, as you are at your desk.
- Earnest and sincere commitment to buildOn's Mission and Core Values.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills and follow through
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Graphic Design background preferred
- Experience in the following: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Content Management Systems (CMS), and Digital Photography
- Ability to track all communications and donor activity in a (CRM) program, specifically Salesforce for non-profits, preferred.
buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildon.org
391 East 149th Street, 7th Floor
Bronx, NY, US 10451
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:Entry level